Nah we didn't fattwins. It just wouldn't work for some reason. The VCR should have accepted but it just didn't show anything. Odd. It's a bummer because i really would have liked to have seen it.

I never thought that Hokkaido was the only place thats gets deep snow. \:\)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats the thing the VCR was both PAL and NTSC compatible and could even record in both modes, so i've got no idea what the story is there. Damn technology.

I've been toying with the idea of going to Nags instead of back to Niseko, but i know it would be cheaper and probably easier and less hassle for me to go to Niseko. But we shall see.

I'm not too sure Fattwins because it was a package type thing and i can't remember if there was an itemised costing or not. Plus if i was to come down to Nags i would want to go to several differrent resorts which would cost more for transport to and from the resorts etc etc. I'm pushing my finances as is with a couple of injuries i've sustained. But it'll all work itself out.

Hakuba has free shuttles to most of the resorts.

Other people could take you too. You have made some friends on this site so I dont think rides will be hard to find. 47, happo, sun alpina and I think Iwatake all have shuttles.

If you stayed at 'beds you would have no trouble getting to 47/Goryu or Happo. If you wanted to go to Cortina you might have to find a ride...but I wouldn't let that stop you.

I know nothing about Sun Alpina. What's it's story?

Wouldn't recommend SnowBeds myself, even though I have never actually stayed there.

Dropped in there a few times and didn't find the 'vibe' to my taste, nor the attitude of the management.

db I have get the same feeling about the place too sometimes. The place reminds me of high school. For someone coming from far away though its about the esaiest place to speak english and get around the area.

I was disgusted about the news years display at snoed inn. When the bars tables and chairs were carted into the streets I knew it was time to leave.

To be fair about the New Years fiasco-that was the fault of the owner of the building which housed the bar-not the producers of the bar. Snowbeds is a good place to stay if you are not just turning up to stay for Sat night ie along with evryone else. I have met many people staying there coming from overseas for a longer period of time who've had a great time. Realisticaly there are not so many budget accom options in Hakuba-I don't think the place is so bad.

having the tables carted into the middle of the street wont help to get another gaijin apres ski bar open. As for discount places there are more than you think I know at least 5 or six in the area that are cheaper.

Sun Alpina Kashimayari ain't that good (although as a JAF member, I didn't feel too cheated paying 2,500 yen for the day). The snow wasn't great and there didn't seem to be much scope for off-course.

Alpina Aokiko that faces the lake looks like a better resort. They have cheap bunk accoms in that area too.

Word man. Reckon snowbedz ain`t that good place to hang out.Just slept there and skiied the rest of the time. There are other cheap places to stay in Hakuba as the lads say. There is that onsen joint in Echoland where you can stay upstairs on the tatami mats for 1000yen a nite. You might even meet a nice chick who is sharing the same bit of floor as you!!

Fatty

Mitch and Yoshi spent most of last autumn trying to hook up with a different venue for the bar. Opening up at the old place was a last minute, last ditch attempt at getting something going. I don't know the whole story as to why what happened happened, but it was obvious that they didn't want to be dealing with that guy in the first place.

I don't think the incident has changed anything in Hakuba. Had it been easy to open up a bar somewhere else in Echoland, they would have done so.

I meet a lot of people on the slopes who are staying at Snowbeds and most of them seem to really like it.

nofakie again comes forth with knowledge which I respect.

To be honest my type of apres crowd was hanging with your crew. Im not as young as I used to be and I cant nor wont play the games of who is better and who is not.

As for new years I can understand the problem but the solution was not to carry every piece of the bar that could be carried into the streets.

I owe you an email ps the licence is all mine the 6 hours it took and there was no test.

howdy doody everyone. thought i'd just give yas tha latest from downunda. wave.gif

into week five, one to go! kinda lookin forward to gettin back to the land o' tha rising sun.

spent one week at Mt. Hotham after a memorable dump. the day after it dumped was sensational, but the following day was not so good. the snow quickly became 'heavy' and the board found the going tuff. the next few days were magical bluebird days. had heaps o' fun and got to catch up with Team RAPIDO. tha snow here just doesn't compare to tha snow in J-land.

also spent a week with some old ski school buddies at Buller, but did more partying than

riding.

have got a boarda X on this sunday, then i'll be 'home' next weekend.

hope youse aren't doin tha summa too tuff.

rater, skatas!

Hey Powwwers

I'm heading to Mt Hotham next week for a day trip. This will be my first time there, any suggestions for some decent out of bounds or tree runs for boarders? Nothing too crazy mind, this being more of an off season trip.

Woywoy, it does look good.

I've been tracking the daily snow reports for Mt Hotham for weeks now. They had a massive dump over the weekend, something like 30cm. It seems to have fixed a lot of the damage that was done a couple of weeks ago when it poured for a couple of days.

Only 7 days to go! clap.gif

I got back from a very quick trip to the mountains last night. First day of spring was picture perfect. 10cm of fresh overnight, no wind, no clouds and no crowds. Really nice day. I had leave early because my ankle is just rooted at the moment, i thought i'd be able to ride with it, but nope. It was damn hard leaving the mountain on such a gorgeous day.

I don't think i'll be getting down there again as i can't rish stuffing up my ankle anymore. I want to be in tip top shape for Japan!

\:\)

FReak, where did you ride? I had a sweet week down there the other week after the big dump and had epic turns over at Guthega and then hiking above the ridge chair. Im going down again this weekend and next weekend ... making the most of my uncle's house at jindy! Yes, yes, its tough.