go back to a bar in London called Abacus. It is right next to Bank train station, just around the corner from where I work and 5 minutes up the road from my temporary (2.5 months) accommodation. I will not bother describing it other than to say it is full of utter tools, ok looking guys, not that flash but better than average yet they are getting around like models and filling the spaces are girls who convinced themselves that they are cute. Lots of suits and cash and coke and so what, just another city bar with try hards same as any other city. I was at the bar and a pair of Olsen sister types swing up and try the cute buy me a drink wink. I sneered at worst and just ignored them. They try to elbow a space at the bar. I refuse to move… been waiting already for 5 minutes. A little later I feel a finger poking in my back, turn around and 5 foot 2 tall Barbie is standing behind me… one of the Olsen wanna be girls. I think why would she poke me in the back? I gave her an obvious F-off look? It did not make sense so I take off my suit jacket and you guessed it, Miss 45kg coke whore had smeared her chewing gum on my jacket. I looked at the gum, looked at her and said “you F-ing see-you-en-tee”). Picked the gum of my jacket, flicked it at her friend and turned around and paid for my drinks and that was that. Later in the evening I was back at the bar. Some shockingly smashed fallen angel type is dragging some overweight banker type to the bar by his tie. She is gyrating like a cheap pink Taiwanese toy with motor-neuron issues. Looks good but that is about it. To his credit he looks like he is aware of her ploy but buys a bubbly bottle of whatever and gets two glasses. She looks over at me, I look back for 1 second and that is it, nothing more. I didn’t even make eye contact with her. I get served and am walking away from the bar and I get a kick up the arse. Turn around and it is this girl with her glass of fizz and the guy looking like he wished he wasn’t there. I just stared at her and walked away, put my drink down, said goodbye to the couple I was with and left.

So twice I was “assaulted” for standing at a bar and the best I can tell it was because I ignored the plays of these little wanna-be covergirl tarts.

For those in Tokyo that know Muse; it is like that place but bigger and with much worse interior design and has a trash-tasteless dance floor down stairs. And if you think that Muse has some tossers in it…

On the flip side today I went to a bar that served good beer and sausages for lunch. I had a beer and ate food and every bit if it was great.

Until the my next story,

db

(ps - I have already worked out what one of our more predictable SJ members will say in response to this) \:\)

In the immortal words of Rick James

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Also

"She is gyrating like a cheap pink Taiwanese toy with motor-neuron issues."

Classic man......keep it up lol.gif

Hey db...

Quote:
Later in the evening I was back at the bar
Er, why? ;\)

Keep up the London stories - I might be there myself before too long.

I had no idea places like that existed in England. Maybe I have invisible filters installed that simply eliminated them from consciousness.

Did you ask if they had cask beer? lol.gif

Quote:
I have already worked out what one of our more predictable SJ members will say in response to this
Have I become predictable? Thats upsetting. But tell us about the cheese there anyway will you?

That sounds like those stories you hear of footballers flicking screwed-up twenty-pound notes at bar staff when they want serving.

If that's what the City is like, my sympathy for people who keep all their money in a shoebox under the bed has just gone up ten points.

Maybe you should buy one of those Good Pub Guides to help you avoid the fake brass and disco lights. I suppose it'll deprive us of all the juicy tales though.

You'll find better bars around Brick Lane (also BYO Indian restaurants) or Shoreditch I think, they're pretty close to you. If you'd stuffed the gum up the ladettes nose you'd have been doing her a favor by cutting down her intake of whore candy. Do as NoFakie suggests. I think TimeOut publishes a guide to bars and clubs which describes the place and its typical punters in detail.

Davo, I went for a stroll up brick lane to Shoreditch just the other day. Looks pretty good actually. One of those nice grubby parts of town with more character than other lively areas in the west of the city. Mind you, I am commenting from piss all experience so perhaps I will hold off until I have been around a bit more. I am actually enjoying looking around the Shoreditch/Hoxton/Angel neck of the woods.

And I picked up one of those TimeOut pub guides as well. I am now armed with pre-beer research material and more determined than a mentally retarded symbol player trying out for a place in the Salvation Army band.

I will not be using my bar guide this weekend though. I am off to Sweden after work! What beer do they serve there?

Any one coming to London is welcome to share one of my beer mishaps with me.

"ladettes"

Great word. And very fitting in many cases. Seen many of the local variations on the sexy midriff showing fashions? The "overflow" / "blubber" version? lol.gif

i just don`t get that `midrift` fashion thing. last year when i went home, tha girls were all over it. especially a lot of me mates` significant others. and in most cases they just weren`t cut out for it(rolls and floppy bits all over tha place).

i know its all well an good to be `comfortable with your body`, but that doesn`t mean ya gotta go showin it off to all and sundry. confused.gif