If they are same price, which do you buy?

African White grapefruit - it's sweet and sour, from African family farmer.

American Pink grapefruit - it's sweeter, from American agribusiness firm. Of course price supported by the US government.

\:\)

Nobody should get money for growing those things - grapefruit are vile.

Are there any other fruit we can be extorted for to help? I'll pretty much eat any fruit but a grapefruit.

Whenever I see an Ipod, the design reminds me of the thing we keep our grapefruit in.

Maybe the next generation one will look like a kettle.

slow

If you're going to make it an environmental/ethical choice, you should eat Japanese fruit that is in season hasn't been transported long distances around the world.

How about some nice peaches? Buy them direct from the farmer if you can.

I don't like agribusinesses either, but I think farming in Africa, and especially cash crop farming, is far more complex and far less innocent than your "family farmer" description suggests.

I usually buy Japanese fruits, vegetables.

But grapefruit and banana with yoghurt is my breakfast in summer. I should change peach and suika with yoghurt or buy grapefruit tree and grow it on the balcony... Actually, I heard the blossoms grapefruit has delightful aroma. ;\)

Fruits are good, I like them all. My fave must be those pink grapefruits, love them.

Agree with the figs thing too - yum.

Dates! Where can I get some dates in Japan?

not a huge fan of the grapefruit (as a fruit), but i dont mind other grapefruit flavoured things - probably all those preservatives.

peaches taste great cut up into small pieces and sprinkled on top of a salad.

does anyone here peel peaches? we had visitors over that peeled peaches...this was completely new to me. i also eat kiwi fruits unpeeled, fur and all.

yum!

I peel peaches.

I bought some apricots yesterday but they tasted nothing, not sweet, not sour. I realized that fresh apricots are boring. But! I'm productive and made apricot jam! It tastes sooooo good! Why? Why apricots taste good after cooking?

And Did you know that apricot and Almond are cousin?