E-mail Wars (google, Yahoo, Hotmail)

Thanks to googles new free Gmail, which has 1Gb - 1000Mb of free storage, Hotmail and Yahoo have been frightened onto the offensive and have responded!

Hotmail was 2Mb of storage now its 250Mb! with 10 Mb attachments allowed

Yahoo previously 4 or 6Mb is 100Mb

Thanks to a Google we can now have useful and verstile free email accounts that dont get full and send error messages to senders.

I believe it applies to all existing and new accounts, check the storage capacity of your yahoo or hotmail today and be pleasantly suprised

Good job Google!

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
but you can't get a Gmail account yet, unless you are really lucky. still in test mode.
gmail is by invite yeah? i think every person that has a gmail account gets 6 invites or something.

would like to snag one of these, good way to send mp3's and the like around.

I was sent a g-string mail invite. I answered a shit-load of annoying questions, to be told "Oops, your mail invite seems to have been assigned to some other mug". A few weeks later, Yahoo increased their capacity by a vast amount, even though I hardly came close to filling my previous allocation, and they've been annoying me by telling me frequently about it ever since.

Nice work.

• 2 months later...

I just go invited into gmail by my brother a day after switching to Yahoo from Hotmail. So now I have 3 active emails because I can't change some of my subscribed emails due to a stupid firewall mad.gif

But with gmail I can't send out mass emails unless I type in each email address. That isn't cool at all.

How have people gotten around this?