No I didn't, being a stinky gaijin myself, but I followed it fairly closely.

It appears that the LDP failed to win a majority because they 'did not sufficiently explain' their brilliant ideas, or 'people didn't properly understand' their policies. Lots of their pols were on the box yesterday saying the same thing. Nowhere did they raise the possibility that perhaps it was the message and not the medium that needs changing.

And why does nobody vote Communist for crying out loud? They're the only party whose pols have anything detailed and sophisticated to say. It looks like the rush to a 2-party system is underway, and the intelligent parties are being pushed out at as a result.

Got some funny interpretations of the LDP accronym from the paper:

Lame Duck Party

Let Down Party

Living Dead Party

Living Decades in the Past

Lost Decade Practioners

How about- Lies Deceit Pomposity, Lets Dick the People and Love Doing Poorly lol.gif

I had to laugh when I saw that little pork barrel weasel from Hokkaido, Suzuki, campaigning. The guy's just got out of prison for corruption and yet there he is getting votes.

Quote:
The guy's just got out of prison for corruption and yet there he is getting votes.
Mad isn't it. Is this giri voting I wonder. Similar to the silly giri shopping that goes on a lot.

I voted and my friends voted, too.

I didn't know which candicate and pary I should vote before going home and read newspaper.

It was funny there are some small parties. There is a Josei-to(Women party) which is very behind the times and those candidates are Obasans. And I found Green Party. They had only 6 or 7 candidates this time.

I know there is Green Party in German. Do you have Green Party in your country? And do they good in politics?