Driving fast, being a hero, hit a tree

Good thing they took the face plate off. I'm sure the CD player was still worth something and could be recovered.

So it doesn't say from I could see if the driver and passengers survived. The seats looked to be intact and in the right places.

I think you would be "a stuffed unit" after a crash like that, minus a head as the roofed peeled off. The massive crush zone on the steering wheel indicates the driver impacted quite hard.

Still the tree did pretty good considering, I would have thought it would have been snapped off at the base.

Hmmmm airbags werent deployed... warranty work/litigation for sure.

but seriously... note the tacho still sitting on 2000rpm & the speedo still on around 100km/ph.. is that some kind of black box/tell tale tool audi put in their vehicles?? or is the little A3 still in shock??

I am guessing that because it was a side impact, the front airbag(s) didnt go off, unless there were side airbags (cant really tell from those photos), they would have gone off.

Seeing as the engine was so violently wrenched form the chassis, maybe the front impact sensors were also taken out before the could activate as as after thought.

All theories, but I am sure Audi designers would have been looking closely if they knew about this particular crash.