so i've been going to the gym after school for like 2 hour stretches cos captain stag is off working and takes the laptop so i am pretty bored (and we live in the inaka)

a teacher at school, female and 25 too has also been going. complaining that she hasn't lost any weight since going to the gym, i suggested going a little harder and upping the difficulty of her workouts, since she was confused as to why i worked up such a sweat and she didn't, and me thinking 30 minutes of cycling at a leisurely pace was prolly not enough for her goals.

the suprise reply to this was, but if i work harder on the bicycle, i will get muscles, and i don't want muscles. i tried to explain the concept of gaining muscle in order to burn fat (because she doesn't want to forgo any foods, although drinking bottles of "slimming water" in between the strong coffee should help!) and that you won't become arnold if you do... but all was lost.

so i know the ideal body for woman in japan is thin and frail looking, but geez :rolleyes:

what's with some of these strange ideas - i was told the other day that i shouldn't drink too much water (i keep a nalgene full on my desk all the time) cos i will get fat lol.gif

wakaranai.gif wakaranai.gif wakaranai.gif

Any while you are at the Gym take a look how they do their stretching or lift their weights. Bouncing those stretches and some of the worst weight training technique I have ever seen. Stuck in the 1960's. No idea.

And what is with the practising baseball pitching with a towel in the hand in front of the mirror, or the endless slow motion golf swings. Fruity **** the lot of it.

Tell your friend that she can either be fat, or toned and a hottie, the choice is hers. With the right weight and cardio program she can lose weight without bulking up, as long as she eats right as well. You can actually drink too much water, but the problem usually only arises when you are excercising hard as well, and losing electrolytes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Any while you are at the Gym take a look how they do their stretching or lift their weights. Bouncing those stretches and some of the worst weight training technique I have ever seen. Stuck in the 1960's. No idea.

And what is with the practising baseball pitching with a towel in the hand in front of the mirror, or the endless slow motion golf swings. Fruity **** the lot of it.

rotflmao!!! lol.gif lol.gif
you have been to my gym too!? weights technique is appalling, and the untrained gym chumps/staff have no idea to correct either.
A few of the regulars have started copying my technique, guess I am a good role model cool.gif
Also I love the strutting around the gym with one pant leg rolled up and the other down - super cool!

i have chosen to not look at people's technique anymore, it is just to painful to watch... all that swinging, it's only a matter of time before someone hurts themselves. i would make a kindly suggestion, but don't want to come across as a know it all and the numerous people who work there and stand and do nothing except straighten towels and stuff should be doing it anyways \:D

as for my friend, it really is a lost cause - funny thing is, she's the biology teacher :rolleyes:

and where did you find that picture of me. luckily i have stopped wearing g-strings lol.gif and am back on my asian pills - so i'm not so pasty anymore lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by kamo:

weights technique is appalling, and the untrained gym chumps/staff have no idea to correct either.
Yes some are chumps but you would be suprised how much they actually do know.
I think that it comes down to the fact that even though they know how exercises should be done, they are just too shy to interrupt someone to let them know they are doing it all wrong. especially if the people are older... sempai/kouhai thing?
Also Occ health and safety is not an issue or people injuring themselves.... but don't take your drink near the weights because its abunai