I was in a local cd store today with a friend who pointed out the new Marilyn Manson CD. I'm not a fan (they showed me because of the depeche cover that he's done on it), but the new package looked like a good deal. For the same price (I think) as a normal Japanese cd, you get the normal album (a best of), a remix cd and a dvd that has all the video promos for all the singles. I know it's best of, and they're overpriced in the first place, etc - but thats a really good way to get people to buy the cd instead of just putting it out on its own with nothing "extra", I thought. All in what looked like a really nice package (not that that makes much difference). You know, give them something extra. I know if I was a fan, or someone who was fairly interested in buying, it would be something nice to have.

Oh well.

I don't think they're that limited - the REM best of limited version that had an extra cd of b-sides/rare tracks that was released quite a while back (early this year, maybe even last year) is still available on amazon. It just makes it sound better if it is "limited".

If you're a fan, sure it's not a bad deal. Other bands might put a DVD of 20 music videos out on a separate release and charge 3-4000 yen just for that. Marilyn does some really spooky vids, good to laugh at. Didn't he do one where he re-enacted (sp.) the shooting of Kennedy?