That lavalamp thread got me thinking, I want to liven my place up. It's a bit drab at the moment, just a few posters in the bedroom thats about it.

Any ideas for cool interior decoration?

Paintings. Got a bit of a collection going on I have. A mix of classic and modern (but not too modern, don't laugh!)

Thinking of galleries, I think it was on CNN some gallery somewhere that was basically empty. No pics, no statues or whatever. Just some sounds. And pretty crappy sounds they seemed too. And there were these arty farty types walking around this empty room taking it all in and looking very pretentious. It was hilarious. Did anyone else catch that?

Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
All depends of course, but here's a good word - CANDLES. They can make sure a difference and make such an atmoshere. I am a big fan of candles.
Not forgetting, of course, that candles are the no. 1 cause of house fires...

But lighting is definitely one way to go. Replace lights w/ a cluster of subtle spot lights, or fix some in alcoves, etc pointing toward the wall, up, etc Mix in some filters, etc and that'll enhance.

Throw in a good few thousand bucks of minimalist post industrial alu/tglass/leather/mahogany furniture, peel the plaster off one wall... how far do you want to go?

miteyak has a good point. I transformed my house with lamps - a mix of spotlights/colors facing up towards the walls. in strategic positions (?) - looks great so much better than before. I'm not into the bright fluorescent look that my place had by default before that.

I had never experienced candles in my house until recently a ladyfriend suggested them and now the house has some and they ROCK! I would highly recommend them. Keep them away from your curtains though nagoid.