Anyone ever worked in takyubin?

It just amazes me how I can order something yesterday evening from a shop in Nagoya and it turn up here at 11am today in Niigata. I'd love to know the route it took, and how it's all organised. Obviously I can guess, but it'd be good to know the reality.

yeah thumbs up to the jap postal service. not like here in england where any cash in the post is immediately stolen, even if its in a kids birthday card (lots of personal experience here of dissapointment on my birthday as a child)

I've managed logistics before (for a party design company) and my wife worked for an international takyubin firm. Domestically in Japan they are an awesome, well oiled, and very cost effective (from the consumers p.o.v) machine. A combination of the work ethic, competition, and economies of scale are at play here. The downside may be overworked truck drivers who periodically are the root cause of fatal accidents.

Lately we've been full-on with the internet shopping which, in combo with the takyubin system, makes life so easy for someone like me who generally dislikes the shopping experience.

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
yeah thumbs up to the jap postal service. not like here in england where any cash in the post is immediately stolen, even if its in a kids birthday card (lots of personal experience here of dissapointment on my birthday as a child)
All the non-Brits in our office have a cruel joke about the Royal Mail and especially the local post office facility. Whenever we are going to the Post Office we will say "I'm just heading down to the Chechen Embassy, back in 10 minutes". It really is that much of a shithole stinking poorly run dive that looks like it was raided by a hungry mob that took anything not bolted to the floor. You can't even buy a useful envelope there, let alone hope that you mail will get treated properly or delivered on time. The sad thing is that this is in the middle of the city!! The Japanese delivery services were very good though. And takyubin delivery is also very cheap.

Wicked service, Us too Davo have been almost only shopping onlibe thus the takyubin coming here sometimes almost everyday!

I heard sagawa guys earn from 400-600,000+ but thats giving up alot of your life to earn that much. Wife's friend was working for Sagawa & was working from about 6am -8 or 9pm. Know a few surfers who have done it also to support their surf trips.

I believe the Post Office spent a fortune a few years back changing its name to Consignia. Since then, it's decided that that name's no good, and has changed again...to the "Post Office".

Rotten from the top down, methinks.

You may already do this, but when you get sent something you may well get a number that you can put into the takyubin company website, and get an ongoing report of where you package is. It's not hugely detailed but it gives you an idea of the packages stops on the way.