Years ago I used to have a pistol that shot suction cup darts. I shot my boss, computer screens, coffee cups I even shot the secretary on the left tit once.

I highly recommend these for long car trips as well. It is great fun sitting in the back seat and shooting the driver or turning the stereo off by shooting the buttons.

I have my annual review in 10 minutes and it is going to go very well. The company loves me at the moment and my boss (who is next in line for global head of my division) thinks I am solid gold. I just thought I would share that lack of modesty brag with you all.

Tatemae my arse. I report to some of the bluntest hitters around. They wouldn't know the meaning of hidden intent. They say what they mean and do so in a disturbingly un-subtle manner. Said of a co-worker who is a thorn in foot and slowing down the game: "that guy is a dissapointment, clearly not up to the job so don't worry db, we will be making some staff changes. He will not be having a happy christmas". It REALLY pays to deliver good results and earn your way into these guy's good books. One of them even talks like The Terminator!

Any way Rach, you're just antsy because there is no snow

I just have a squishy ball.

Before I came to Japan my office had a Playstation in the lunchroom.

I saw a documentary recently about Pixar studios and the very cool laid-back atmoshphere they have going on in their offices. It looked a right laugh. A wonder they get any work done.

I saw a docu on them the other day as well (Discovery?). Really interesting. Every worker can basically build their own office in their own style it seemed. I hear quite a few modern creative type companies are like this.

Rather than wonder how they can work, it's surely the reason why they can work so well. They enjoy going there.