Do you split up all your garbage properly and put it in the right places? We do of course but theres some real fools in our building that just seem to take no notice of it all and put things together. Really annoying.

Yeah we do.

Not that hard work but petbottles.

We need to get rid of a ring at the neck of a petbottle, do the seal and a lid apart from the petbottle itself. Lids and seals are okay no prob. But the rings are not so easy to take off. Need a cutter.

garbage-mentality in this country is a mystery.

It seem to be, "WE do everything right (unless nobody is watching)"

Grandpa dumping plastic bags in the "river" just outside my appartment.

Hamamatsu city is totally clean.

My beach is a dump. But hey, it is only nature.

A friend of mine lives in a small town near Nagoya and his little area has a rotating gomi patrol where all of the residents take turns being the gomi police. So when it's your turn you go to the gomi site at about 6am and observe and make sure all gomi activity is conducted appropriate to village standards...you are allowed to go home after the gomi has been picked up by the gomi truck who must hanko your release of duty. I don't envy my friend.

Here in Sendai, it's much more relaxed. My wife and I try to adhere to the gomi laws. But just down the street is a college dorm were it seems anything goes. I admit to visiting their gomi okiba late at night on one or two occasions when I had to get rid of something that I couldn't figure out which day, if any, would accept it. \:o

Ahh thanks

paste from britannica:

Main Entry: oc·to·ge·nar·i·an

Pronunciation: "äk-t&-j&-'ner-E-&n

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin octogenarius containing eighty, from octogeni eighty each, from octoginta eighty, from octo eight + -ginta (akin to viginti twenty) -- more at VIGESIMAL

Date: 1815

: a person whose age is in the eighties

- octogenarian adjective