Ok I know PMs but they get locked out after a while so here goes.

got my sleeping bag ready

and my little blow up mat from papa inlaw.

so whats next

I was thinking a nice ham (i luv that stuff)

2liters of water

bread or rice maybe rice.

15m of rope.

do you have a good carbiner?

ski gear

extra socks for in the bag.

.............?

I don't think we will need a rope or a carabiner

What are you thinking there? Do you think we will get into that kind of terrain? And if so do we have the knowledge to use it?

I think that is good. Warm clothes for the night and morning and we are set. Not looking forward to putting on frozen boots eek.gif

It's cold here today. Woke up and inside my apartment was 5 degrees. Frost outside.

Dont worry about the carbiner I can get one easy.

I have a cord for ruesh but like you said a couple shovel tests if there is enough snow I think. I doubt there are many layers in the pack.

I will teach a lesson till 8:30 then hop in my car and I hope to be at yours by 12 at the latest.

Hey do your inlaws have a 4-season tent you can yoink?

My tent works but would be nice to have something a little more stable if the weather turns and also probably a little more roomy.

I got my Christmas Present on monday. Opened it of course. Why wouldn't I.

I got a new altimetre watch. Pretty sweet setup.

-Compass set to true north

-baraometre that records reading in a cool graph

-altimetre that runs off the barometre

-thermometre

Yes they do but Im way too busy to be able to pick it up. Guess we will have to make due. In the future they have everything. Sorry everything but Avie gear they dont do anything dangerous anymore just trekking.

Mama just came back from a month in Nepal walking around everest. She did it pretty cheap too no tour just with 4 friends 250000 yen for everything. She also got kitted up with north face gear for like 3000 yen pants and jacket gortex. its flawed but the flaw is like a missing stich or 2. I told her next time Ill give her 10000 yen to buy my tons of stuff.

Nice XMAS pack there I forgot to borrow the compass this time. too. I really hope we can find a good pocket of snow.

I was thinking about that skin line too. I was hoping to find a nice 30 degree bowl with 700 vert or a bit more. set a good fast skin line and the lap it up. I doubt any bigish lines will be very skiable.

You pack for dinner and ill bring some extras like the ham at some munchies. now we just need the weather to go along with us. My father inlaws bag feels so warm. plus all that ski gear on I doubt we will freeze to death \:D

To get to Takasu I take the road that goes beside the toll highway. It's about an hour and a half.

If your on the expressway get off at the Kiyomi interchange

It ends up just past my place

My postal code 506-0058

Also easy to just meet you at the train/bus station and you can follow me up to my place.

Takayama Station

But as your coming into town the road will pass a newish looking giant temple called the Mahikari. Easily spotted because of the huge Tomato/Peach/Apple blob on top.

They are a cult that thinks Takayama is the centre of the world. I live within spitting distance of it.