Whats the longest travel you've done?

I've got a friend back home who has decided to pack up work and head off "round the world" for 12 months! She reckons she has got enough cash to see it through and doesn't intend to work at all - just enjoy. And doesn't really seem to care about what might lie ahead when she gets back job wise etc.

Good for her I say, sounds awesome.

3 months in the US (from Australia). No working, one 2 week road-trip to AZ, NM & Mexico, and the rest was spent partying hard in L.A. at night and recovering by a pool during the afternoons.

Developed 1 x drug addiction, 1 x gaul stone, chronic insomnia, had 1 x wisdom tooth removed and gained 10kgs.

It seemed like a lot more than 3 months.

Plan on doing a "leaving and coming back 'whenever'" style trip early next year. Japan alps or Hokkaido will be on my list of stop-overs during NH winter.

Am organsing a trip doing the Trans Siberian this summer. Starting in Beijing and heading home across land. Going to work on a fram in Mongolia for some time then head on through Russia and eventually back to UK. Should be epic. Can`t wait.

I did 7 months in South America just travelling, then 5 months in Europe which was a mix of travelling and working, but it was a dream job that involved travelling to wierd and wonderful places to scout locations for a TV show, so it was hardly a chore...