Yeah, I saw that too farquah. Maybe within 6 months they cant public display tobacco ads. And the cards will take up to three years.

But the bloke who worked for a tobacco company said something like: Japan has been a smoking country for over 500 years and the amount of smokers wont decrease anytime soon. 29% of Japanese smoke. Damn, its disgusting. I think the worse thing about this is the location of smoking areas. Theyre always placed where non-smokers have to walk through.

I just wish Japanese would learn that they dont have the right to smoke in my face and be inconsiderate about it.

People say Japanese are soo kind and so considerate. I disagree: They are considerate and kind within their "group"; outside their "group" they have no consideration for others. The same consisists of smoking. They dont consider the fact that their second-hand smoke affects others just as well, the health implications, and that its inconsiderate. IMHO

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
.....The same consisists of smoking. They dont consider the fact that their second-hand smoke affects others just as well, the health implications, and that its inconsiderate. IMHO
I agree here, I don`t even think there is a Japanese phrase for passive smoking is there?? Its pretty distgusting, and what really peeves me is how a smoking area can be in the MIDDLE of the platform at stations so you have to walk through it or wiat near it, yet still some people smoke on the benches etc!!!! mad.gif Put them at the furthest end of the platform in the cold wind away from everyone else I reckon!

My 62 year old Japanese father in law smoked 2 packs a day for a long time. The day his first grandaughter was born he decided it wasn't in the kids best interest if

Grandpa smoked so he quit...and has never smoked again (about 2 years now). I was pretty impressed. He went from being that guy that thought he was free to smoke anyplace he damn well pleased to the guy that is consistantly irritated with the lack of consideration his smoking friends continue to demonstrate.

One of the worst places I've noticed (even though I smoke myself) is the Doutour brand of coffee shops. I feel sorry for the people who work in there.

A bit more off topic but I was once told that you are not considered a man if you don't smoke in Japan. Weird.