Help with explaining computers

Can anyone recommend a really really simple idiots guide (online) to the basics of PC computing. An elderly family member has just got a PC and wants to send and receive emails and photos and is having real difficulties understanding and coming up with 30000 questions trying to understand and getting frustrated. And I'm not doing so good trying to explain either. \:\(

Have you tried any of the "dummy" books?

If it's a newby, it may not be the best idea to give them online help, might only complicate matters for them! Just athough.

Problem with books though is you have to buy them and then use that ONE. If they can get online they might have links to many places that might help and they can find what suits them or research better. (Yeah I know about libraries but they can be a real hassle right and might not stock that kind of book)

I got a book called "Computers for the Aged" and it seemed to do the trick. Just done a quick search but couldn't find it but I think thats what it was called.

My dad went on one of them and lasted a few weeks I think.

Head.

Over.

That kind of thing.

He got well frustrated with his new purchase and it was making him grumpy (-er than usual!), mum wished he'd never bought the thing.