Here you go, the last sentence is key!

"He tried the dressing-down idea on staff at his official residence last summer. Few took him up on the offer." lol.gif

It is about time we started dressing in a way that suited our in-door environments rather than consuming energy to keep us cool/warm whilst being poorly attired. In middle summer I would NEVER wear a long sleeve, pants socks and shoes on the weekend, especially indoors. Why should we do it during the week? It is illogical to do so and Koizumi is on the right track.

Hawaiian businessmen figured this out a long time ago. With the exception of appearing in a court of law (US courts), propper business attire is always short sleeved (no tie) shirts.

This may sound absurd but I didn't learn how to tie a tie until I was 25 (because I had to be in court!). Rest assured, living in Japan, I've perfected the tying of the tie. \:\)

a tie is definitely worth a few degrees, throw in the jacket, another five or so... a damn good idea, may even catch on in our company in ten to fifteen...

In our office we have the aircon wars... the girlies, dressed in sleeveless sundresses want it at 28, while us guys are dying in sleeves and ties can ju8st survive at 22