be careful in the surf this summer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
I still reccomend any of you surfers to visit. It's arguably the best place on Earth to surf in the Northern Hemisphere winter(I sense an argument coming). ;\)
>>I sense an argument coming

Not from me man, Hawaii is the home of surfing. Always has been and always will be. Australian's have known that ever since the Duke visited Sydney back in 1914.

Duke Kahanamoku

Kintaro is right on the money there - I'll take it one step further though. The North Shore of Oahu has the largest collection of great breaks in the smallest area IN THE WORLD. There is a reason it is called the 'seven mile miracle.'

Now, on the other hand, I've got a feeling that Alaska has the smallest collection of good breaks in the largest area ;\) I'll be checking out Yakutat for surf next month. The water temps are supposedly in the upper 40's in May! Woohoo!

Hhhhm, not so oddly, I had a surfing dream last night!

DB, you can pay homage to Duke by visiting Oahu. There is a huge statue of him where people regularly come and give him a lei. And just down the street from that is Dukes Canoe Club that has memorobilia adorning the walls with live Hawaiian music most nights. It was my regular Sunday afternoon haunt.

40's plucky! Woohoo indeed. Sendai shinko (remember that place?) is freeezing.

I'll just stick that humble pie in the oven for you Kintaro, should be ready to eat in a little while ;\) (just kidding)

I have to say I visited the North Shore in late summer and had a great time. Nice people, good smoke and great sea turtles. Had fun doing backflips off the rock at waimea. There was this old dude who was the rock-jumping master, his car was all decked out with stickers and signs to that effect. A real character lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
If I want to make an arse-haole of myself in Hawaii on a Segway, can any knowledgeable person recommend a good spot?

Cheers!
I recommend you get on your long board and skate down the looooong Kamehameha hwy. hill that leads into the N. Shore. Id like to see you stop at the intersection there \:D

You could make one of those "dude got owned" vids that are so popular nowadays lol.gif