This old Japanese gent taught me a new one "Hakuchichi" - bimbo, translates to white breasts and was created for Marilyn Monroe - who it seems was wasnt so highly thought of in Japan.

Anyone else got some slang, obscure slang that doesnt pop up everyday?

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
C'mon Gamera, give us some dirty ossan slang! lol.gif
Nah Yama, you've already given really dirty one mad.gif You don't shout that kind of slang around, do you!?!?!? I think I have to catch you to tape your baaad mouth!
Not sure why you always learn that kind of words so quick lol.gif not learning something else which is really important :p

Snowglider - Hakuchichi is I think a really old one. My parents know it but I didn't know it. Marylin Monroe is a heroin for their generation.

Tsondaboy - Neta for
#1 'to sleep' for past sentense
#2 false topic
#3 sushi topping
????

Yama - this is one of hard to explain in Japanese, but if we need to put a postpositional verticle just after 'Hatsuon ' in tsondaboy's signatuer, I think 'wa は' is the best fit rather than 'ga が'. if he would like to mean just "Japanese pronounciation is hard".

Ok time to give some slangs

*=Yama related \:D :p
Some may be kansai slangs coz I am originally from Osaka.

Zaru
Cha shibaku
*Nanpa
*Sukebe
Baribari
Yatsushi
Beppinsan
Itameshi
Mukatsuku

These below are not slangs, more like academic or business like phrases

Hachi no hiraita atama
Hikute amata
Fude busho
Debusho

How many do you know? ;\)

Of the bottom four I only knew the last two - will have ta check the others.

Do I shout that kind of slang around? Guess it depends on the girl lol.gif :p Just kidding. Really only with when my mates ask me how do you say... in Japanese? I have some great J-mates back in Hiroshima who have taught me some shockers; but as Ive only been in Kansai for one year now my kansai ben is weak.

は and が、yup they get me sometimes. Just said them outloud and it struck me. Damn, my J-lingo is slipping in my old age - must be cuz Im an ossan eh \:D

I almost got a perfect score in my recent JLPT Level 4. The "wa"s and the "ga"s was one of the few areas where I was not 100% sure of. I still can't work out the magic formula for them.

Ok yama,

Go out for some beers with next time when I visit Kansai. Then I can observe if you can endure not to say that bad words :p

Find some nice place for oyajis <-- plural, ok? lol.gif

Ya, must be coz you are an ossan \:o \:o

Gamera, sure, maybe you can show me a decent place that has good Kansai Okonomiyaki cuz the places Ive been here are just crap. Hiroshima-fu is soooooooooooooo much better.

Ya can teach me some good "standard" Kansai ben too. Stuff that will help me when I try to nampa on Slow as she seems ta love kansai ben \:D

Ah, I have not visited there so often, so no idea if okonomiyaki shops i know would be there or not. Maybe you ask me to cook one!?!? lol

When I was a uni student ( almost 20-25 years back), there was a 3,900 yen okonomiyaki somewhere around Dotonbori. A robster and thick beef in it. A 700 yen beer jocki size chocolate paffe (spelling not sure)at the basement 1st floor in Umeda Marubiru. Girls really liked it.

Yeah I can teach some kansai ben to you. But no nanpa words :p Behave!!!!!

I don't think so Kintaro.

Can you gimme a full sentence for miha?

Maybe miha could mean someone who follows trends, popular things at that time. Most likely applied to young people, I guess.

kanojo wa miha desu

=She follows trends, popular things.

:rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
Ya can teach me some good "standard" Kansai ben too. Stuff that will help me when I try to nampa on Slow as she seems ta love kansai ben \:D
You don't need to learn Kansaiben, Yama. Your Hiroshimaben is attractive enough for me. ;\)