There was a "naked event" a few years back near where I come from in England. It was some peace convention protest thing. I went along with a few friends just to take a look and what a hideous sight it truly was. It made us realise just how bad probably the majority of people really look when they are naked. There were some horrendous beasts on display, I don't know how they had the courage, pity I didn't have my camera.

I'll try to see if I can find something on the web...

"Horrendous beasts" clap.gif

Haven't you even noticed when you see footage of nudist colonies or stumbe across a nudist beach (there are a few in Perth) the people there are usually fat and impossibly ugly? Maybe it's just my bad luck shifty.gif

(Just though I'd try out a few of the new emocons)

That sure is a scary story there rach lol.gif

As for nudist beaches. I can't say I've ever had the, er, pleasure. I'm not sure I'd be too keen on the chance of catching a glimpse of all those male dangly bits flopping about, however many lovely ladies there were. It sounds very distracting and not nice.

Are there any nudist beaches in Japan?

You a regular?

I agree with gg, no thanks. It seems very unsexy. What's the point? It's not supposed to be sexy is it? I don't get it.

I had a few nutty friends back home who went to a nudist beach once hoping to be turned on. I think they had this image of day-long orgys going on. I don't think he thought about the potential problems of being turned on when he was naked eek.gif

Anyway, I remember my friend being very disappointed with it all and said it wasn't sexy at all.

Some of them really were gross. And they were there letting it all out and looking all proud about it. In fact some looked like this

bigun2.gif

I had the benefit of reading Kenneth Clark's book "The Nude" from about the age of 5, so I have always been aware that nudity does not generally, and indeed rather rarely, involves sexual excitement.

Those pictures of nude people always remind me of Nazi atrocities for some reason, and I find them very unappealing. While I don't mind wandering about starkers myself, I would never take part in one of his photo perversions.

Quote:
The author traces the history of the depiction of the human body from the earliest civilized times to the present day. Starting with the Greeks who used the nude to express certain fundamental human needs, such as the need for harmony and order (Apollo), and the need to sublimate desire (Venus), he shows how these types of bodily expression were revived in 15th-century Italy and given new urgency by Michelangelo, whose genius almost exhausted the possibilities of the male nude. The female body, however, through Titian, Rubens, Ingres and Renoir has continued to be a source of pictorial inspiration, and the author examines the uneasy relationship with the nude of such moderns as Matisse and Picasso.
You were reading this when you were 5?!?

I dipped from age 5. If there had been copies of Playboy lying about the house, I would have preferred that. I read the whole thing in 6th form. It's not surprising that I've become something of an expert at sublimating desire.

When I was a kid our family went to France and came across a nudist beach totally by accident. It was horrifying, I just couldn't accept it (not sure why now!), I kinda freaked out seeing all these naked beasts walking around. There was a small shop by the beach and there were all these families walking round with baskets - totally naked! lol.gif Sounds just totally ridiculous now, I'd love to see it again.

• 1 month later...