I imagine they go up there with a rope and through it off the cliff and then measure it from where it hits the ground.

Quite amazing what is happening these days.

Not to start a contest or anything but what is the biggest a snowboarder has gone?

big skis are letting people get into more terrain but if you muck that jump up then youl get mucked up.

The article I read on that on biglines I think.... said, they went back in the spring and did the rope measure thing toque.

maybe they throw a rock and count how long it takes to fall. Take the time divided by the speed of the earth, times that by pi, then divided it by how many times the skier got lucky that week, how big his nuts are, and then you get 200. Thats my unscientific answer :p lol.gif

I read somewhere that the world record holder stuffed a huge backpack full of padding like styrofome or bubblewrap and then backslapped onto it. The impact hurt him quite a bit damaging his insides. But the skis stayed on and he skied away.

That shit is off the hook. Absolutely mad, but highly entertaining to look at. Any fotos of the big NZ drop out there??

Wouldnt have a clue how close a boarder has got to that size air. Dare say mass damage would occur if someone was trying out that shit.

Read the Big Lines article with the above 200ft cliff drop pic and it sounds like there were cameras everywhere, yet all I can find on the huck is the pretty average picture already posted above. Odd.

Here is another amazing feat:

jonavenrockslide1jy.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
sounds like there were cameras everywhere, yet all I can find on the huck is the pretty average picture already posted above. Odd.
I imagine the photographers keep the really good pics to sell to the mags and movies

Pretty cool picture tere db. Hate to see the bottom of that guys board after eek.gif

The rider who pulled that cliff ride off (Jonaven Moore) did it on a day of casual riding with his girl and a buddy to take the picture. They had scoped the line for a few years and decided that the day was right. He did it on a Rome custom splitboard and claims that there was very little damage to the base, just a bit on the toe side edge from that turn near the top (I am just repeating here what I have read). Apparently this cliff is on Mt. Athabasca near Banff.