well I'm just waiting for my first board trip (12 days) to Akita..praying for anything resembling snow..and to kill time I've started to make my own gear due to a lack of cash plus I can't look at those 6 day snow forecasts anymore. So after sliding down a dry slope on my arse last week I've just made my own arse/coccyx protector.Oh what a lovely bodge:old lycra cycling top cut down leaving 3 stretch back pockets in a line. Into each pocket is stuffed two layers of foam cut from an old karrimor sleep mat. It sits nice and snug in my salopettes, so far tested by falling arsewards on to wooden stairs, yeeha bring on the dryslope.The other plus is my arse is now so big I can carry my board on it. Any other DIY ski/board gear out there that you'd like to share?

my best one (or worst) was a portable sledge I made about 20 years ago. A large sheet of heavy duty polythene, press-studed together so it would fold up in a sac. We were hiking up in the Pennines (UK - bleak, snow swept moors)We find a good drop, good snow (for the UK - maybe 10 cms)I triumphantly pull out my sheet, 6 of us sit on it and shoot down this drop. We all jump up at the bottom hollering, only for me to see this sheet blow across the more at about 30 mph. I run after it, to which eveyone else pisses themselves laughing.

More along the lines of don't want to spend a weekend in my cold, ugly, rundown apartment lol.gif

But a toque is a hat you wear in the winter. Being from the winter country Canada which is kind of an authority on winter things we try to make everybody in the world call the things toques.

Shut up man ;\) Thats just not true - Im sending home a huge lump each month to pay off my freeking college loans and barely getting by mad.gif \:\( mad.gif

my new babies are sweet eh? Got the powbreak ordered from Ishii mate, thanks. Only like 4000? My avalanche gear came in too clap.gif

Cant, lost the software for my digital camera \:\( Thats why you dont get to see any pics from my summer adventures :p

Maybe Ill take em and then go to the store around the corner and get it put onto CD. What does that cost to get stuff put on CDrom? My memory sticks are all filled with like 300-400 pics on all of em. Cost much?

yamakashi, sometimes you don't need specific software for a digital camera. if you are connecting via USB on WinXP, there's a good chance it'll just show up as an additional drive or network device in the "My Computer" menu. If so, just drag the pics from it to the HD.

Cheers montoya, but my old sony digital doesnt use USB ports - it used one of those thin credit card looking thingyz and I put the memory stick into there. Damn, Im so computer and English illiterate. (that make sense? confused.gif ) Maybe if I got ahold of Sony Japan they would probably sell that stuff eh? Cheers. Ill check that out.