It's time to put the snowboard into closet. Can anyone advise the best way to protect the base? Can I just put the hot wax on it until next season? Will it be to hard to scrap it after 8-9 months? wakaranai.gif

Thanks.

If you haven't bought wax yet, I would recommend using Toko Base Prep.

If you already have wax, cheap stuff, anything is fine really and it won't be hard to scrape later.

Just run your iron at an angle that allows it to also melt over your edges to help keep the rust off of them.

As Samurai said - hot waxing and dribbling it over the edges is the way to go.

If you haven't got the time or equipment, that "nasty" spray wax is surely better than nothing.

I used it a couple of years back and the base & edges were fine in December. But you need to get that stuff off before doing a real wax again.

G'luck

Quote:
Originally posted by snobee:
As Samurai said - hot waxing and dribbling it over the edges is the way to go.
If you haven't got the time or equipment, that "nasty" spray wax is surely better than nothing.

I used it a couple of years back and the base & edges were fine in December. But you need to get that stuff off before doing a real wax again.
G'luck
snobee,

Thanks. wave.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by base40:
I have used the "nasty" (why nasty??) wax myself any my base was fine. Was going to do it this weekend actually but I have been really lazy.
those sprays are really good for spring riding, etc. But they have a lot of chemicals in them that dry out your base over extended periods of usage. Those waxes won't protect your base if you spray-and-leave. You would be better off not using a base-dryer for storage purposes. If you would like to be so lazy, yet apply something, crayon on your hotwax. However, even crayoning on a wax will do little more than doing nothing.