Hi,

Family visit to Japan from March 12 to 16. We're looking for a nice place to stay (only 3 of us) where we could do a 2-3 days snowboarding/skiing school. Arriving from Narita airport. Anyone could advise a nice place in mid March where snow still falls? We been to Hakuba 2 years ago. Looking for something as nice (or better) as the place. Any suggestion deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:
Kagura has been very good this year
Compared to a normal year for Kagura? While I don't doubt you had a good time, it seems hard to believe it is having a particularly good year. Surely compared to a normal late February it isn't as good. (?)

Air tickets may not be that bad...have to consider the total package. From Tokyo you need to:

Narita express 3,500

Shink to Nagano 9,000

Bus to Hakuba 2,000

This is just one way, so double it for round trip.

+ hotel

+ meals

+,+,+...

Package plan to Hokkaido inc air, hotel, and some meals might be competitive (depending on your taste in hotels). I got a killer deal and was staying at the base of the gondola - the deals are out there if you look for them.

You probably wouldn't be dissapointed with Hakuba either, but it seems that Hokkaido is doing a bit better this season.

where you guys getting your prices from?

shinkansen tokyo - nagano 7500

bus nagano - hakuba 1400

if you have at least 2 people you can get the shinkansen/bus package and the whole thing costs only 7500 one way!!!!

the super azusa is faster?!!!!! i'll race you to tokyo FT!!!!! HA!

Hi,

Any good inexpensive hotel near Kagura?

Checked the web. It has prince hotel which is a bit out of budget. We need a hotel that is comfortable and simple. Any recommendation (or pointer on how to search for one) is much much appreciated. Thanks!!

Actually from ANA's travel arm. Picked up one of those Snoopy brouchures at the train station and found a decent deal that included air, bus, hotel, meals, lift passes, etc. We stayed at the prince higashiyama...sweet place. I was going to try and piece something toghether but in the end the package was reasonable and hassle free.

Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Air tickets may not be that bad...have to consider the total package. From Tokyo you need to:

Narita express 3,500
Shink to Nagano 9,000
Bus to Hakuba 2,000

This is just one way, so double it for round trip.

A 20,000 yen 4 day JR East rail pass would cover all that (except the bus) and more. I used mine on 4 days and they only stamped 2 of the days