Hi folks. Went for half a day at Hakkai-san today, beautiful weather it was. Like a day in March. (Though that in itself is a bit scary!)

Anyway the camera had problems on the slopes so I don't have pics from the slopes, but I got some on the way so took a few pretty pics.

The place was empty. Seriously very few people. Snow was ok, not much better than that. Still obviously not much there as the contours of the place are much more defined than I remember!!

Anyway here's the gallery I made:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_section.php?userid=muikabochi&userGallery=98

Thanks!

Yes things were looking real pretty today.

BTW, photo uploading people, I think the new thing for this year where you can create galleries and group your photos together is really cool. I noticed some people not making use of that.... give it a go, really easy. (You can do it later if you want editing existing photos etc). Good to have them grouped together.

It was far from perfect - still not really enough snow. The snow was decent and it was covered for the most part but like I said there were more earth-shaped bumps than usual! We just really need that elusive huge mega dump of snow.

Thanks. Hakkai-san is a really good mountain. I like climbing it, especially those jagged parts at the top... lots of ropes and chains and dangerous looking parts to negotiate (well for a total non-climber like me!)

I like Hakkai-san but I'm going to wait for more fresh snow before going there again.