Hi, we are 2 adults, 2 kids 9 & 11 flying out from Sydney on 11 Jan. The flights are all confirmed but our accommodation has fallen through and the Aussie-based agent said there is no availability left anywhere in Shiga. HELP!!! Anyone know of some accommodation for family of four anywhere in Shiga from 12th to 19th January?? Naturally we will pay the appropriate rate etc and comfort rather than fancy is fine but we need to sort it out fast so that we dont lose the flights. ANY IDEAS???

Thanks, have emailed the five hotels listed under Shiga Kogen so thanks for that suggestion. Am waiting to hear back but am hoping to widen the search rather than solely rely on them just in case. Would love to stay with some locals, bunk down in a room at someones pad or at a lodge/pension. Just realised I said Shiga above but I mean Shiga Kogen, the ski park. Dont know if there is a difference

I suppose they have many rooms during 12th to 19th January. Shiga Kogen ski resort is one of the biggest resorts in Japan, but where is remote to rail stations and bigger towns/cities. I suppose you might feel access problem if you can not speak/read some Japanese. If you have quesiton, free to send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
Shiga is a prefecture, Shiga Kogen is the area in Nagano you are meaning. I think we got the meaning!
I think you are teasing ttuchin, Big-will.

lol.gif

People always tend to make words shorter so sometimes "Shiga" indicates Shiga-Kogen.
;\)

Quote:
Too lazy to find accomodation for a paying customer
Hum... Even for paying customers? eek.gif

so far we have had about five hotels come back with availability and will make a decision which one to book today...spoilt for choice! Just goes to show you cant rely on travel agents word that a place is full! Go figure, thanks for all your input guys