• SnowJapan Admin

A friend of mine owns a big restaurant quite high up at Ishiuchi Maruyama resort in this area. His family basically all live up there in winter and the kids ski down the hill every morning to go to school, getting the lifts back up in the evening.

I also hear a lot often families live there at the top, kids need to ski down for school in the morning and get on a lift when they come back home. In some meanings I think it's very comfortable because no other houses around, but at the same time it might feel very isolated. I think I can stay with that isolated part, but if you can't , maybe it's a tortune? No idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by samurai:
in minnesota, lake minnetonka, there is a large island where people live. Kids ride jetskis to the main shore for school. pricks...
only I summer I take it?

probably sno-mos in the winter. Minnesota has more miles of sno-mo trails than miles of roads. due to the 13,000 lakes freezing over. Not to jack this thread, just saw a common denominator.

interesting that the fastest way to the other side of the city is over the lake in winter...

anyway, back on topic... gomen ne.

just to keep this thread high-jacked a little longer, huge areas of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut can only be linked in the winter via ice roads. these include the famed mackenzie river ice crossing and the contwoyto lake winter road which is nearly 586 km long.

Many of the ski racing families of Kitzbuhel, Austria still live in farm houses on the mountains - the Hinterseers, Sailers, etc grew up as kids needing to ski to school and live - it was great to visit their homes and see the trophies and pictures in their living rooms when I lived there. It was those kids who made the sport happen so many years ago and most of them still rock...