In todays issue of Metropolis. \:D

Quote:
SnowJapan.Com

Independent guide to resorts and accommodation, with comprehensive new maps and photo galleries (look out for photo contests, with a Hakuba season lift ticket as one prize). There are also popular discussion boards where winter sports enthusiasts can share information and experiences, as well as member pages, resort reviews, town guides, blog-like journals, weekly giveaways of lift tickets and holidays, town guides, weather forecasts for 500 resorts (updated every three hours), and exclusive daily snow reports from eight major resort regions also available on mobile phones and via RSS. SnowJapan.Com & Metropolis Giveaway:

SnowJapan.Com is giving Metropolis readers the chance to win ten one-day lift tickets (five for GALA Yuzawa and five for Iwappara). Go to www.snowjapan.com/metropolis by December 15 to enter.

http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/recent/feature.asp

quote from a dj during the podcast:

"what's assspreee ski?...sorry all we speak is AMERICAN?" ???? \:D

i am once again embarassed to be American. shifty.gif peeps in america do say and know how to pronounce "aspres ski" but it's so sassuga of an american to say that such and such a word doesn't exist.

good interview SJ1 and good article in the metropolis guys thumbsup.gif

keep it coming!!

cool. sounded like you were enjoying it

i was just shocked hearing the guy kill the pronunciation (maybe he's not a native speaker?) and then hearing the woman dj say we only speak american.

i guess it would be more accurate to say that american peeps who go skiing know what apres ski is but city dwellers have prolly never heard of the word. judging by their questions, its obvious their audience might not know anything about going skiing for a day... then again, SJ must deal with that all the time. respect.

They sounded like really weird, robotic creatures with software designed by an America-centric international consortium. One of them seemed to be taking perverse pleasure in stressing the word 'skiing' as if that's all that's available.

Tokyo's a strange place. Bumping into media like that really makes me glad I don't live there. The boonies seem like a refuge where all the good things are.

But let's not carp on so. The SJ snowball really seems to be rolling now. It must be gratifying.

I couldn't make it to the end of the interview. That American guy's voice is likely the worst thing I have ever heard. He sounds just plain awful and why people voluntarily download that kind of stuff and inject it into their heads via iPod ear buds is beyond me. Andrew, you did well coping with his voice. After the first few moments I would have asked if he was for real and hung up before getting an answer.

lol.gif You did well considering no preparation I'm not sure I could have managed. Then again, they might not have managed with my scouse accent. I think your northern accent is much clearer than mine.