So i here japan's war on drugs is one they are wining. So what im asking is ...Can i get some pot over there durning my stay or what? I mean i would just like to blaze on the chair lift or maybe smoke after a beer at the end of the day or any time, Ya know. So really, Whats up with that?

This shits gold,

1. Any one know whats up with this resort. I looked at there web-site and there was very little about the snow and the terain they offer. Anybody ever make turns there? [in reference to Nozawa Onsen, one of the most famous resorts in Japan]

2. Can i get some pot over there durning my stay or what?

3 what does you being in the kiss army have to do with snow?

[in refernce to someones avatar]

Keep it coming.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
i always thought the rule of thumb was if you can't live with out your vices, don't leave you vices. ie stay at home stoner.
That's funny. Real... but funny. It's just that I have the eye to imagine a stoned foreigner in this country walking around like; "what?... What are you looking at? Shut up!" would look like. That's funny.

Early Cuyler,

Yea, this is off topic but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. It's not like we're all a bunch of squares over here but basically, they will hunt you down and throw you in jail and stigmatize your family, friends and employers for a joint over here. It's pretty hard to find too. It's not impossible, but it's probably wisest for both long term residents and visitors not to touch it at all. A few years ago, magic mushrooms were actually legal and could be purchased in certain sleezy stores by some oversight in the law. You should have come then. You could have chomped down a couple grams before hitting to slopes.

Thats was good fun ! Thanks for all the feedback. I learn alittle about the ski culture in japan today and that if a "Stoned foreigner" walks out into public high he or she would more than likely get looked at funny till they freak out and tell people "what?... What are you looking at? Shut up!" and oh yeah, I also learned that there is atleast one kiss fan out there who is not on Durgs. Thanks friends....Earl

Last time I entered Japan, we all got sniffed very thoroughly by two different dogs a total of four times in the airport. The dog handlers were working very hard. Personally I wouldn't bet my snow holiday on my ingenuity in Keystering my stach.

Also, smoking on the lifts in Japan is generally not allowed, and in purely tactical terms, it doesn't leave a great deal of room for escape if somebody behind you happened to get on their mobile to complain about the foreigner ahead doing drugs in plain sight.

Ocean, at least you can enter japan. I am not allowed to do that, even though i am here already (fully legal).

Early Cuyler, if you get caught here, you are in a lot of trouble. Kiss 3 months of your life goodbye, if you are lucky.

I am fairly open-minded when it comes to drugs. I don't condemn people who use them and I myself, at some point, have tried most of them available.

But it is important to realise that when you visit another country, you have to show respect:

-Respect for culture

-Respect for the environment

and yes, even

-Respect for the laws, rules and regulations.

People often forget that when you are in a new place you are representing your country - whether you like it or not, You are an outsider. This has implications.

Therefore, it is important not to even bother with drugs in Japan. Just forget about them dude - there are so many better things in the world than drugs. I understand you just want to have a puff in the snow 'a la' riding in Canada and the USA, but if that's what you had in mind for your trip to Japan you may want to go somewhere like Whistler or Mammoth instead.

Japan is about onsens, great food, different customs, powder snow, beatiful scenary, kind hospitable people and new experiences. Smoking weed is only going to numb your mind and limit you from making the most of your opportunities.

snosurf, you're not making sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weed is illegal in Australia, the US, Japan, and probably Canada too. You're suggesting that somebody go from Australia to the US to break the law there, but not to Japan to break the law here. The fact is, some natives of all these countries like to smoke weed as is their natural right, and in all these countries they're prevented by law from realising their right.

What it then comes down to is to how much risk you're prepared to run to assert your right. My advice to our friend would be not to risk it. All the rest of the huffing and puffing going on here is just bullshit.