Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows of a good cheap place where I could stay in Nagano?

My wife and I are travelling to Hakuba but we don't arrive into Tokyo until 18:30 at night. So I figured the least complicated option would be to catch the express train to Nagano, stay the night and head to Hakuba the next morning on the bus?? We'd still have plenty of time to board that day.

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to book this Chuo Taxi service to take us from Narita to Hakuba. I tried the link which fjef gave and emailed that place twice last week but got no reply.

Fattwins gave me this tel. no. 026-282-0232. I tried that (after dialing 81) but couldn't get connected.

Any help on how to contact this company?

Thanks schinken and TJ OZ, I've sent Chuo an email requesting a booking. Hope to hear from them soon.

What's the weekend of Mar 31 and Apr 1, looking like now? Any chance of rounding up a posse for a BBQ or something at Hakuba?

>Bit weird though that the taxis charge per person?

Huh?? Are you talking about something like a "shared" one? I think I always pay for the taxi ( not per person) though ... am I getting confused?

Gamera, what g-g means is that Chuo Taxi charge per person when you book the taxi service from Narita to Hakuba. Not for normal local taxis, for that, just pay what is on the meter.