Has anybody seen their snowboarding line of clothes?

I bought a jacket last year, I thought it was pretty cool, but all my Japanese friends say its a bit strange. Why dont Japanese like their own designers that acrualy are quite good.

By the way I am not one of thoes Japan wanabees that are mad into zen or something.

Everybody cares some what, what people think. We are social beings after all.

Yeah Kumapix they say its yankee, but I dont think it was ment to be, since it really is a Japanese brand.

When I first came to Japan I used to wear a "Bench" skate shirt.

Well it had one of the pre war japanese flag designs that was quite large. Loads of people would stop me on the street and be angry at me. Saying that I though Japan was a seat or something.

I hate the if you wear Kanji you are a henna-gaijin. I have lived here 3 years and I have to go out and buy Japanese clothes, I am not doing to wear those daft Engrish clothes that read something like.

"Yum it loves watery choco from down under coffee bean spout".

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Yeah Kumapix they say its yankee, but I dont think it was ment to be, since it really is a Japanese brand.
Yankee doesn't mean foreign. It's the loud and often obnoxious young people who wear those kinds of clothes. So just being a Japanese brand doesn't mean it wasn't dsesigned for that market...

Fattwins, the question is not about whether I will wear the Jacket or not( I will)

Its why do Japanese have a bad attitude to kanji, even when it is correct. Not like something that was made outside Japan with incorrect Kanji.

Yankee explains it a bit, but not everything with kanji is yankee.