Where did you think of the name anyways?

It astounds you what you see here. I walked into this bar (hostess, I didnt know I swear) in some backwater town and it had NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED written in English. I went in anyway just to be a d1ck. It worked, I looked like a d2ck.

Well do you have mushrooms in Scotland?? How many expats live in Hakuba area??? Who do you know well on the forum asides from Bettyx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro was saying to me that skiing trips to Japan from England are apparently getting more popular for something different. This is what he said. Anyways, it is good to have some expats there. I did most of the skiing in Alts last year, which was cool for beginning but to go there alone would not be so much fun. So I am looking for people to go with.

EBC What do you do up in Hakuba anyways? How long you been there?

BP must be a pain for you to come from Hiroshima? Thats like 8 hours from Tokyo alone. What you at over here?

to come where?? To Hakkas? Yeah that's about 10 hours by car, give or take a few depending on the weather. I don't get up there much mate. Mostly just stay down this in the resorts on offer here. Have made it up there over new years the last couple of years and will do again this year \:\) "What you at?" What, you mean work? Private high school, and bits and pieces of translation work mate.

Cool sounds interesting. I havent been myself. I am acutally heading down to Oz for xmas and new years but if I wasnt I was gonna head skiing but I would imagine it would be packed. I think I will take a few days off in Feb to spend a weekend and maybe monday and tuesday at it.

Man the highschool work must be cool. What ages are the oldest girls 18? I would love to have been a teenager here in Japan!! Happy days. I plan to go to Hshima at some stage. May drop you a line and get some beers.

the bumcramp report -

i had my MRI today - and will see my sports doctor again on saturday about the results. that shit is crazy, like being the bunker in LOST when they don't put the code in or a early 90's rave? much better than i expected though, i thought i'd be inside some kind of scary steel capsule and would hear banging like the thing was gonna explode - but it was white, and made by PHILIPS and i didn't even have my head or most of my upper body in it - and the 30 minutes passed really fast, i thought we were only half way through and it was finished.

then i had physio, and my physio is really impressed and kept on saying "GOOD" which emm must be good. i haven't seen her for 10 days cause i had a crappy cold, and she's well impressed at how much smaller it's got in that time thumbsup.gif

MRI results

i'm all good thumbsup.gif that was my last appointment with the sports doctor --- you can see where there was muscle damage, but there isn't anymore. the liquid inside my leg is fluid, not blood, so it's just the remains of the hematoma. the fluid is sitting in between fat tissue (eurghh) and not touching the thigh muscles now. the doc has given me 2 more months (making the total recovery time 6 months) to get rid of that fluid, otherwise it has to be taken out --- but i doubt that will be necessary as it's starting to reduce now and the lump is getting smaller. so no scary surgery, no complications and no calcifications yeeeehaaaw! my physio and sports massage will continue to get the liquid out, and all i have to do now is strengthen the muscle back up.

very happy with those results thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif