This thread refers to a different event, I know, but...

Went to the Winter Sports Festa at Yurakucho yesterday - they were asking us to queue for an hour and pay 500 yen for the priviledge of getting in - to what appeared from the outside to be a heavily snowboard-biased sale. Said no way and went to the back streets of Jimbocho instead.

Skiiers beware of that particular event. If you can walk straight in then it might be worthwhile, but no way was I going to hang around queuing just to buy some discounted gear - without an idea of whether it was any good for skiiers....

Any views?

Skidai, I thought that Winter Spots Festa was all snowboard gear. I was gonna go too till my wife said she thought they only had boarder gear.

I'm hitting up Makuhari this weekend, some friends said that that's the best ski sale around Tokyo. Supposed to be ****ing huge!!! Can't wait, I'm gonna go there right after I get out of school on Friday. I was thinking everyone would go on Sat. and I could scoop up some deals on Fri. but just found out last week that this Fri. is a Holiday, and I'll prolly miss out on all the good shit beacause I have a school event this Fri. till 4. If I knew I could pick up some size 29 Diablo Mags. on the cheap I'd call in sick, but I hate wasting sick days when there's no snow on the ground just as much as I hate wasting sick days when I'm home sick.

http://www.sunshinecity.co.jp/winterresort/index.html

Just read the details, as for the merchandise, it says you can get 50-80% off items(mostly ski)

But you know there are loads of places near meiji university that sell last years models for that kind of price.

Also some of the resorts they give discount tickets for are almost impossible to get to on you own.

Every year I can find 3-4 day packages but you have to go to the resort by over night bus. They cost about 20,000 en. If you go with a few friends its not to bad because you can drink on the way up(on the snow drunk is another story)

Motherhucker, the last day is usualy when they haggle with the sales, I am heading up there on sunday also.

Went to that event in Ikebukuro tonight.

I was looking for a pair of boots I knew they wouldn't have so... Anyway the largest boots I saw that were even semi good were size 5-6.5 Lange FR ??? they were 20,000. Might have been interested in any twin tips, all they had were last seasons AR3s for 25,000 and a bunch of carvers. Lots of steezy gear for up to 80% off which seems like states prices- Alphanumeric, Volcom,and Sessions were represented. Bunch of goggles that were marked down to about states prices. I snagged the only steal I could find, A pair of TNF Helicon pants for 2,000 yen!!!! Gonna hit Makuhari on Sun. as recommended