Wow, I haven't read or posted on this forum in a while.

I'm looking into getting a new snowboard bag/backpack as my old one is dying out on me. (Had to sew and tape the straps back on for it to last the rest of last season.)

I prefer one that's more like a backpack that you carry on your back rather than the type you carry on the side. I also want it to be as light and durable as possible.

Any suggestions? I'd much appreciate it.

Sorry, should've been more specific. I mainly want one for carrying to the bus/train and also collapsible enough to stuff into a locker at the skijo. I'm looking for one that I can carry on my back like a backpack so the weight is evenly distributed.

I also eventually wanna learn backcountry, to is there such a backpack that can serve both purposes?

I guess if you wanna put it in a locker at a ski area, then you are not looking for ski/board luggage, like you would use for overseas travel. More like a BC backpack that you can strap your board onto to carry on the train or bus - then you could ride with it round the resort or fit it into a locker. Right?

DaKine? Osprey? North Face?

Boys what packs do you strap your boards onto?

I have both a suitcase like bag and a sleeve cover for my board. I use the suitcase only if I travel with a car or checking in my staff at the airport. For sort distances I only use a sleeve cover to protect the base and edges of the board. I usually strap the board with the sleeve on, on my backpack and carry it around the same way I would carry it when I am hiking up. A sleeve doesn’t cost more than 3000 yen in Shinochanomizu/Jinbocho area.

• 3 weeks later...