Quote:
What I am saying is if a shop offers good service, a good price and a good product, why save a few bucks by slapping them in the face and buying off the net.
I get your drift, just playing around here.

If you use the net for product design and price research and then buy from your local shop, are you not slapping the web businesses in the face? I mean, a quality e-commerce web site costs a lot to have made and to maintain. You want free unlimited information from the these online retailers, not available anywhere else, and yet you exchange your cash with someone who rents a shop in the local mall?

Both are legitimate businesses and in this world, only the fittest will survive.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you spud! However I think it would cost more to keep a shop front with employees and other continuous and costly overheads than a website. The website doesn't have to keep any stock and it essentially costs them nothing for you to look at thier site, as it costs a shop next to nothing for you to walk in and look without taking up an assistants time.

Both points quite valid, and your last spud is the most....if a business is not a good one it will not survive....web or shopfront.

Confession time: several years ago I scoped out some goods at a shop and then bought online. I accidentally ordered the wrong thing and getting it sent back to the online guys in another country was a huge hassle. So I took it to the shop saying it was a present and the person had bought it there whilst visiting the country. I asked them to exchange it without a receipt. They were out of what I wanted... so they took the goods off my hands and gave me the cash.

I believe that it was act that caused me to mutilate my bare toe under an ice-cream shop door all these years later.