You probably don't need telling but Tashiro gets some really really strong winds - much more than Mitsumata. It can get frustrating getting to Kagura as well, it takes longer with all those slow lifts.

On a good day though... \:\)

SC - Mate, I had in mind more the flat runs and slows lifts as being good for kiddies. Not sure what, if any, children facilities it has. It would certainly be more interesting for all concerned than somewhere like Iwappara.

I hear ya big-will. Wish they had a gondola straight up to the top from Tashiro, would be nice, never hurts to dream!

RD, yeah I could not remember any kids area there, I will have to investigate a little.

places I've seen around yuzawa that seem to be more family-oriented are iwappara, nunoba, nakazato. nunoba is pretty close to osen-dori, you can probably play around on the lower slopes w/o needing a lift-ticket (eg bring a plastic sled, etc). for playing around on snowshoes, maybe the big central park near the river might be good.

tashiro, I don't recall any kids area there. it can get mighty windy, cold and icy up there..