Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
tsondaboy, where have you heard that malolo construction was questionable??? Mine was made in Canada
Questionable is not just Malolo`s construction but all of Burtons products. :p
Also no mater how good its construction is, you can’t compare the quality of a partially pre-manufactured board and a 100% handmade custom board.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior aren't perfect, not even in Continental America. There are some pretty negative words in this thread regarding customer service and build quality. I have no issue with either Prior or Burton. I am too busy hating stingrays and porcupines.

http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=2429&start=0&sid=9d7f89cd8326626e4876499e8cff0882

awesome!!! what size? that 158? what are the graphics? the white and black or black and blue with a hawaiian scene on the base?

For anyone doubting the malolo's credentials, just check Terje's first descent in last year's video 'first descent'. If it's good enough for Terje...'nuf said!

excellent choice bp! those graphics are way better than the 06 or 07's. I have the 162 in that line. I am totally in love with the graphics.

You'll have to spend a day in Toyama before hakuba for some deep pow tree runs thumbsup.gif

no, I'll be up for Hakuba over shogatsu. I can always do higaeri if I have to be back for ozoni lol.gif

I think the advanced avy course is during that time though. I'll have to check.

but I'll be where the pow is thumbsup.gif

you're going to love that board ;\)

Is that 1st descent in powder? I want to know about a non-powder technical first descent and what board they used.

I mean, look at Jeremy Jones' descents. Sure amazing to see, but a lot of them are 'just' exercises in controlled upright falling down a very fluted wall of steep powder. An experienced pro could do that on just about any snowboard. I want to know what a pro rides when they tackle less than ideal conditions where the board's interface with the snow is secondary only to the riders physical and emotional composure under immense pressure and uncertainty. That kind of slow technical riding is not sexy on dvds, so you only ever see the faster and far less demanding powder based steeps.

Porc - good to see you act so fast! Enjoy the board.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
spud

this actually shows the best part of the movie: the avalanche!
the first descent peak is at 1:27 or 1:28 for 2 secs
Yeah, good flick thumbsup.gif Seeing that avie scene again gave me goose-bumps!