you've got plenty of options if the 25th is a travel day for you.

ranked most expensive and fastest on down:

1) Tokyo St. to Shinjuku St. via train.

Shinjuku St. to Hakuba St. via "Azusa" express train

2) Tokyo St. to Nagano St. via Shinkansen/bullet train.

Nagano St. to Hakuba village via bus

English link for the Nagano St. to Hakuba village bus . Last year, this bus was 1,400 yen one way.

3) Tokyo St. to Shinjuku St. via train.

Shinjuku St. to Hakuba Village via bus.

Also, if you're coming from Narita Airport, there's the NEX (Narita Express Train) that goes through Tokyo St. and ends at Shinjuku St.

forgot to mention since I have been here for a bit. You can get a sort of vistors train pass which may be cheaper in the long run depending on your situation. Most travel agents can help with this option. You pay a flat rate and can ride the bullet train and public trains "x" amount of times for a time limit (I.E. 1month). Usually depends on how often your going to use them. May be cheaper then spending the cash here for individual tickets. From nagano to Tokyo one way is around 7000 yen or $70 usd apx.

Hope it helps. FRANK

• 1 month later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
you've got plenty of options if the 25th is a travel day for you.
ranked most expensive and fastest on down:

1) Tokyo St. to Shinjuku St. via train.
Shinjuku St. to Hakuba St. via "Azusa" express train

2) Tokyo St. to Nagano St. via Shinkansen/bullet train.
Nagano St. to Hakuba village via bus
English link for the Nagano St. to Hakuba village bus . Last year, this bus was 1,400 yen one way.

3) Tokyo St. to Shinjuku St. via train.
Shinjuku St. to Hakuba Village via bus.

Also, if you're coming from Narita Airport, there's the NEX (Narita Express Train) that goes through Tokyo St. and ends at Shinjuku St.
alas the more direct routings (Shinjuku direct to Hakuba) are only available very early (7.30am) from what I see. We arrive Narita 6.10am and won't get to Shinjuku till about
9.30am so seem to have more connections to juggle with \:\(

Holo

I think the Super Azusa which departs Shinjuku at 10 a.m. may reach directly Hakuba in some winter dates as it did in some busy periods in the past. It's available daily to Matsumoto, but only in some specific dates beyond Matsumoto for Hakuba. Just check it time to time.

Good luck

;\)

Hey holo,

Are you flying from Sydney ,we have the same arrival times for our flight(flying out of Syd 13/1)and hope to catch the NEX - 0742am to Tokyo and then the Shink at around 9.20 to Nagano.That arrives around 11.00.Jump the bus and get into the hotel by 12.30-1.00

With any luck and getting through customs quickly we were hoping this would be possible.

May even allow us to get a few late runs in that day if we can get to the hotel by 1.00.