• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
dangerous words potato...

how about you the bush animal start an eskimochampagnecamp pilgrimmage to hakuba?
Firstly I only wench myself out for BPG. Secondly, I hear you like the J-lads right? I don't fit that category! ;\)

Yeah, forget the gnarly pics and injuries, what about a good old fashioned TR and pictures! All we want is a bit of joy from one of the lucky few that hit up the southern hemi mountains in recent weeks. You’re selfish. I don’t think I want to visit your hut when I come to hakkers.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
well if the boys come up for a champagne pow wow, we'll post some pictues of it... otherwise this thread is banter about an injury, and i'm not putting pictures of the grapefruit up lol.gif
boo boo boo thumbsdown.gif

Pics of an injury are obligatory ;\)

sorry what is it you guys want to hear about my trip? i only spent 5 days in the mountains before crashing out and didn't get to do what i wanted to do before that anyway. i can tell you that nz is rocky and icy and there isn't that much snow really. but otherwise i don't want to write details in the form of a TR of what i did on my trip since most of it is not snow related thanks to the injury, on a public forum. i do however, have a photo album on my kodak gallery account with about 200 pics, so cb, bushy and spud - just PM me your email ads and i'll send you my photo album later thumbsup.gif ok boys??? ;\)

so wait you only TR the best stuff and not the worst stuff? When we get into accidents we use the info to better inform people. Thats what i think people want to see and here. if you fell and couldnt slef arrest its at least 40 degrees. looking at it straight on will never show steepness so dont worry about that. Just pop up a trip report without leg pics

crumpetrump!!!

lol.gif

give us a TR of your 5 days on snow, thats enough. Just a bunch of pictures, each one accompanied by a line or two of descriptive text. It doesn't have to be cool or funny, just a little bit informative. Go on!

Interesting what you say about NZ: I heard quite mediocre comments about it from another person recently. They said "yeah, can be great, mountains look fantastic, scenery... but snow is generally a let down". Obviously better than Australia - my brother is spends his seasons at a popular ski resort called Hothom and this is as bad as he has ever seen it.

EBC, once more, sorry to hear that your injury got in the way of your skiing trip. but glad to hear at the very least you were able to enjoy the time you spent there. but most of all, it is good to hear that you will be able to recover for the coming winter. shit happens, and we get over it. tiss the nature of this sport ne?

if people are actually interested in reading up on the terrian and snow in new zealand, i recommend reading the trip reports written by d-moo at bigliness.com. it actually seems as though there is lots to ski. and decent snow at that.

yeah, yeah, come on... rubbish excuse, eskimonippleclamp.

i've seen the pic of where she fell - it looks quite dangerous, what with all the beginners snowplowing and old ladies going for digestive afternoon strolls across it.

some of that may not be true.

I just didn't want this thread to fall off the first page.