The highest elevation you have skied/boarded at?

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Besides the fact it has incredible terrain, it also has the greatest lift served vertical in the world (2000m).
La Grave does not have bad vert either at 2150m... ;\)
Mate, if my GF could find her desired employment near Le Grave, or if it were simply easier to reach from the north of Europe then I would make it my new haunt. No need to convince me. The situation has not improved. As it stands, it is a 1000km drive from my current home. My local this season will most likely be Engleberg in Switzerland or something in that area.

Puretele just won this pissing competition hands down. Did you lay the boards in front of you, step-in and ride from 7545m? That is quite a serious mountaineering feat. In fact, few committed ski mountaineers could do it. Top work man.

I'm not complaining, even though I have never been there (Engelberg). From my house it is 5 and a bit hours to Zurich, then an hour and a half from there to what ever area we go to, including Andermatt. I drove there on the weekend (and got my diesel rental van up to 180kph)

But chances are my gf will be living in Basel or Zurich next year anyway so I will just fly down on the weekends rather than drive. On the other hand, if she lives with me in Beer And Sausage Land, then we will drive the 1200km round trip every second weekend. It is all up in the air at the moment.

Aiguille du Midi, 3842m.

Meant to go up to Mont Blanc too, but never really got around to it. Which is really poor, considering I lived 150m from the cable car all winter.

Maybe going to the Himalayas this spring. Will hopefully have a new record after that.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
 Quote:
considering I lived 150m from the cable car all winter.
Metres or miles? ;\)
Well, from another thread, if he lived in the Midi camping car community in Chamonix then it was meters. Lucky lucky bastard.