• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, count me in!

I have not touched any snow for 2 weeks now, I am like a junkie in need for his fix.

Let me know where we should catch-up and when as well as when you plan to head back.

I will most likely drop my better half in some ryokan somewhere nearby during the weekend while I join you guys.

So we gonna sleep in a tent (thanks FT for bringing it along for all of us) that we will pitch once we arrive at the plateau right?

Let me know, I am an eager beaver! By the way, most likely can only check the web in the evening these days.

We will be leaving Takayama early Saturday morning and trying to get the first bus up to the top.

Would you be coming from the Nagano or Toyama

side?

-We will be coming back late sunday afternoon

-Ft is bringing a 4 person 4 season tent. Remember a matress

-Bring your own breaky and snack food. I am going to bring Spagetti and FT is bringing a ham. You can bring something along if you like. And remember to bring something to eat out of and something to eat with. Amazing how many people forget these things

We can meet in the bus station in the main lobby.

My tent is a japanese 4 person so it should fit 3 well enough.

ill bring a cup and an extra pot to cook or eat out of. I figure that my tent will have to go on the outside of my pack cause it is 2 bags. I think shouldve gone with the three season cover but oh well. 3 should make it a good trip kets hope the winds die down.

We can divide a bit of this stuff up in the morning.

FT do you remember when the first tram/train thingy left? I think it was around 8. But could be wrong.

I know we were way early last time but I think we should get there really early again because it is going to be really busy. This might be the busiest time for this area.

Now I know I am gonna forget something for sure!

I will drive to the Toyama side. Ok let's plan to meet in the lobby of the bus station then. We can fine-tune the time later. Will gladly share the carrying of stuff. Let's re-allocate stuff when we catch up.

Gotta start preparing my checklist!

6 is a good time. There will probably already be a line.

Serreche if you are coming to the Toyama side did you just want to meet at my place and then we can all go in one car?

We are having a nice little wind/rain storm up here today. Hope it blows through

Montoya,

nice links, Thanks.

Does anybody knows which phone number I should stick in the navigation to get to the bus terminal on the Toyama side? Or the address would be great as well. Cheers!

FT, Toque, not sure how to say it...

I have sent a PM to Toque already to let him know, but I have to cancel on you guys ONCE AGAIN because of some work-related issues.

All my plans have been turned upside down (not just this weekend). Instead of spending my GW vacation in Singapore as well, I had to cancel and I will be working in an office in London (Rondon as 34 would say).

It is becoming hard for me to plan anything! My next hope of being able to have a free weekend is for mid-may I guess.

I really wanted to catch-up with you guys and have a great weekend on the snow but things do not always turn out the way we would like....

Shoganai!

Shit happens eh

Well if you are free mid-may I am planning a trip up onto Norikura. The road opens mid-May and there is some fun skiing up there.

Would be cool to have an SJ meeting up there I think.