hey everyone wave.gif

i'm wheels, and i live in Australia. been a member here for a while but i've never made a post... because i use the search forum function and find all my answers, which is sweet...

anyway my question is aimed at people who live in australia or anywhere outside Japan and who have bought a season pass for a resort in the past... in particular hakuba 47.

i want to come and do the season there at the end of the year and when i look at the hakuba 47 web site it says: to pay for a season ticket... send money in the mail... does that sound abit dodgey to anyone?? i mean i'm sure it works fine but i don't feel 100% comfortable about sending 48000 yen in the mail... what if it gets lost... that would suck!

maybe i'm just looking too early. but i'd be keen to hear if other aussies have sent money in the mail and it paid off.

thanks heaps

Send it registered DHL to Fattwins (or any other well known and trusted Hakuba resident). Include an extra 10,000yen for his efforts. Collect your ticket from him when you arrive. Peace of mind comes at a price... ;\)

Why did you choose Hakuba over Niseko?

ps -wheels, I was really sad when your parents died in that car crash. And 20 years later I still can't get that annoying 5 line song your band sang out of my head. There is a chance you dont know what the F I am talking about.

ok cool thx kumapix

and i have no idea what your talking about spud... but it must be a joke lol.gif

hakuba seemed like a cool place after reading reviews and checking out what it had to offer. the park sounds cool too. i guess hakuba impressed me more than other places...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Poor wheels. Don't mind that jerk Spud lol.gif

In Japan you can send cash by registered mail in a special envelope (so that it doesn't get 'lost' in the mail)
I was being serious man, peace of mind is a commodity in this case. Where is an Australia going to get a special cash envelope in Australia? And assuming he can't read Japanese, how is he going to fill it out? And what use is the special Japanese envelope if it gets lost before it makes it to Japan?

Quote:
Originally posted by wheels:

and i have no idea what your talking about spud... but it must be a joke lol.gif
I was making a really lame joke. I owned and watched a tv about 15 years ago and one of the last things I remember watching was Canadian tv show that had a kid called wheels. Every time I hear that nickname, I remember the show (and the irritating song his band wrote)

Quote:
Originally posted by wheels:

hakuba seemed like a cool place after reading reviews and checking out what it had to offer. the park sounds cool too. i guess hakuba impressed me more than other places...
Most Australian's go to Niseko so I was curious why you chose not to. You have made a good choice. Just for your info, Niseko has scientifically been declared the flattest ski resort in the world. Australian real estate investors will tell you otherwise.

Have fun in Japan anyway, and forget the park. You don't buy a seasons pass to powder mecca to ride a half pipe ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
ps -wheels, I was really sad when your parents died in that car crash. And 20 years later I still can't get that annoying 5 line song your band sang out of my head. There is a chance you dont know what the F I am talking about.
Everybody get ready and get into gear,
the Degrassi sensation,
the one and only,
Zit Remedy is here.* (The Zits are here)
Everybody wants something, they'll never give up.
Everybody wants something, they'll take your money and never give up.
Everybody face up to the facts as they are,
Dedication is hard but, you'll be somebody and you will go far.
Everybody wants something, they'll never give up.
Everybody wants something, they'll take your money and never give up.

zits.jpg

i think 47 has a sping pass if you are coming in the spring, a bit cheaper.

next 47 has staff that speak japanese contact them and ask them how you can get the money to them. here we do furikomi or post the money cause the system is set up. you must include a picture.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Most Australian's go to Niseko so I was curious why you chose not to. You have made a good choice. Just for your info, Niseko has scientifically been declared the flattest ski resort in the world. Australian real estate investors will tell you otherwise.

Have fun in Japan anyway, and forget the park. You don't buy a seasons pass to powder mecca to ride a half pipe ;\)
So you dont count Australian resorts as resorts? No doubt u wouldnt be saying that if youve ever been to Mt Selwyn!!

And i disagree with the half-pipe comment.
EVERY resort has a start and an end to the season (+ the odd dry spells), i dont think theres a single resort in the world (outdoors anyway!) that always has fresh snow.

thanks for the feedback guys, i got in contact with a person from hakuba47 and they said to send it by registered post. this way the item can always be tracked and the contents will be fully covered if it does get lost. which makes me sleep easier.

sorry if some of you guys thought it was odd for me asking this question, its just that sending money in the mail in australia is not a big thing...like on ebay ect.

and i didn't know i was famous... in a lame way! but my other stint i had on tv was on captain planet as Wheeler, the cool red nut with the power of fire! ok i'll end it here...

Quote:
Originally posted by rezinate:
So you dont count Australian resorts as resorts? No doubt u wouldnt be saying that if youve ever been to Mt Selwyn!!

And i disagree with the half-pipe comment.
EVERY resort has a start and an end to the season (+ the odd dry spells), i dont think theres a single resort in the world (outdoors anyway!) that always has fresh snow.
1. Selwyn is inverted and the rest of the hills in Australia are expensive uneven ice skating rinks that have bushy trees growing on them. \:\) When talking 'in the world' and snow, Australia really doesn't qualify

2. The start of season for enjoying fresh snow on glaciers after a hot summer.

3. Mid season dry spell are couloir days

4. As for spring! It is big-time couloir season, not pipe season. eek.gif I couldn't care about next winter, I'm honestly impatient for next spring.

No room for pipe in any of that. ;\)

But, fair enough, everyone likes to do different things on the snow. Some people ride pipe in spring, others like chicks with dicks. Each to their own.