• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
look at sac today toque what do you think
buy a real compass
hang a cheap thermometer from a zipper on your bag
then you aren't ****ed with that thing runs out of batteries

I used to use the etrex all the time. Very easy but I wouldn't bother with the compass feature. Eats up energy way too fast.

The good thing about the watches is that the batteries last a long long long long long long long long time

GPS is cool for leaving it on when you are skiing back down because you can download your route onto a pc after and see where you went. That is always fun. But batteries are expensive.

thats a good question. my mates works fine but its an older version. i dont care about color. toque i have a real compass and a thermometer a good one. im not buying the watch but it was related to the topic thus wanted to hear an opinion. tats gps garmin works fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2pints,mate:
What is Garmin?
A manufacturer of GPS instruments. When I last used them they were much more user-friendly than the alternatives. That was in the last century though.

just saw next years north face jacket and it has a 'watch window' - a clear plastic circle on the left sleeve so that you can see your altimeter watch! that jacket is goretex xcr and it's 73000yen!!!!

heard 686 is making one too

Last years had it too Kuma.

Or at least the one they had in Rapies does.

I think its the Takeuchi Masanori one.

I've got an older version I got through contacts for 3 man.