• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a particular part of Fuji-san that is supposed to be more special than others?

From what I have read, many people don't seem to take the best care of it when they are walking up there. It looks very nice from a distance though.

• 1 month later...

went up this wkend w/ a few co-workers, mostly the same guys i go snowboarding with sometimes. we took the Fujinomiyaguchi Track up, 4 hours from Station 5 to Station 9, where we had reservations at a hut.

391628260206_0_BG.jpg?a=0

the weather cooperated and we were treated to a sunrise above some low-lying clouds.

372628260206_0_BG.jpg?a=0

coming down the switchbacks on the Kawaguchi track seemed tedious, but maybe it was the altitude and only getting 3 hours of sleep at the hut.

i was impressed that there was much less garbage than i thought there'd be on both trails. Ken Noguchi and his group just had a simulatenous Fuji/Manaslu clean up in May, so maybe that had sth to do w/ it.

the sunrise was all worth it

thx curt

oops, re-post w/ better hosting of my pics:

dizzy_23.jpg

just below Station 9 where we stayed overnight

5:04 am sunrise over the clouds:

dizzy_22.jpg

the sunrise WAS all worth it

dizzy_21.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

check the english magazines--if ur in kyoto, check Time Out and Flea Market. or Out door Japan. y pay? just do it yourself

do u know the mountain officially "closed" at the end of august? but u can still do it if u really want to.

third pic is a still from video. u really can see the halo from the top. 5:12 am