• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, 6.5 FPS, you need a lens quick enough to use it. shooting at 1/1000th is fine if you have enough light so your 6.5 FPS can be used.

Low light, longer exposure, can't use 6.5fps. That's it simple.

DX working fine with the new gear even though the D3 is full format, you have a DX function as well.

Bear this in mind, later, cheaper (<--- relative, well, less expensive anyway) cameras will not bother with giving you a DX option. Why have pay for an extra DX function if you don't need it?

Originally Posted By: thursday
OK, 6.5 FPS, you need a lens quick enough to use it. shooting at 1/1000th is fine if you have enough light so your 6.5 FPS can be used.

in low light you can use a flash

In my opinion, the first FF DSLR from Nikon means they are shifting their attention back to FF. DX, having fewer sensors meant it was the only way to go for DSLRs to keep costs down, up to now.

Henceforth, new models, D4? D400? Would not come with a DX mode alternative. I mean why have the DX functionality built-in when purchasers won’t need it. I don’t have any DX lenses and I could readily jump to a FF DSLR. So that means I will give the D300 a miss and that’ll give me another 3 years to play with my D200.

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
 Originally Posted By: thursday

in low light you can use a flash

Not too many flashes are able to handle 6.5 fps. you will have a weak flash or a too long recharging time unless you use, at least that is my experience.

obviously you don't use full power on the flash.

I don't understand what the problem is with 6.5fps. The pro cameras have been shooting 8fps for years now. The new ones can shoot over 10fps! For a skiing or snowboarding during the day there's no problem

Ansel Adams: the negative

kind of boring and you only need to read about the zone system...but once you learn it it will invaluable

and 2 books by Bryan Peterson:Learning to see creatively and Understanding exposure

I keep going back to Understanding Exposure for the great tips on how to expose properly for different situations

I found all of the books used so they were real cheap

Thanks for the tip, just placed orders for

Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color & Composition in Photography

Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera