Quote:
Hang up the boots??!??!???!??!??!??!??!??!??!??
dont get me wrong, ive still got a few days left in me. However, when i do decide to hang them up ill be satisfied. until yesetrday i hadnt had a good powder day since new year!
 Quote:
Sounds like a good day, but 5 hours doesn't sound that long?
i got a cheap deal for an afternoon ticket (rtn shink and lift pass from 11:45am - 5500yen!!). So boarded straight for 5 hours. on my own too so no stopping for chats or waiting for others to catch up. my back leg was burning like a fire cracker when i stepped out of my board!

Very true echineko. I had an awesome December and early Jan but after that it was a pretty average season or below average in fact. Maybe I was just unlucky in my timing but in Feb I lucked out in the really good powder days and March so far too. There were the deep days that I read about here of course but they seemed very few and far between this Feb and March in Hakuba and Niigata compared to a usual winter. Thoughts anyone?

We've been doing all right in Yamagata. The maximum total accumulation here in town was 2.6 metres, and we still have about a metre blanket. I haven't been to Akakura for a couple of weeks, but it was fine. We had 60cm last week, and it's snowing now.

I'm very satisfied. I've had about 30 sessions now, and this year I'm skiing better than I have for years. I've got one more session on my lift pass, and may or may not teach big brother to ski, so there's more to come.

It's my second full season. Last season, and early this year I had a non-skiing son, which makes it hard to split time on the mountain. Now they both ski, so we racked up a lot of kms, and started exploring further. Previously I lived in Australia and the UK, so skiing was once a year at best.

Reasonably I suppose, though I thought it would be better with the incredible start that we had.

I might be moving job this summer and it might even take me closer to the snow. Fingers crossed!