Last weekend my wife and I spent a great weekend up at Club Med in Sahoro, courtesy of SJ. Thanks!!!

Just after our arrival we saw The Beatles. Strange buggers with very wild and weird hairdos. Then on Saturday during lunch time an ostriche was walking around Club Med.

marnix_6.jpg

Well that were my sightings for the weekend. The Jpop screaming through some loudspeaking kept other anumals faraway from Club Med or Sahoro. But I think they yelled for more snow and that is what we got. Some very fine freshies for 2 days of fine skiing.

The resort doesn't have challenging runs but with the right amount of fresh snow it is a treat (for the unlucky among us the can't be on/in the snow every weekend). At least I enjoyed it very much.

marnix_5.jpg

On sunday it was still snowing a bit, but on Monday the sky was completely blue and suddenly you have a complete different Sahoro. Great views from the top. With minimum hiking some good (short) powderruns or high speed runs through the trees along chair 4.

marnix_3.jpg

But you don't go to Sahoro for just the snow, because the Club Med experience is more than that (if you are looking for something like it).

Club Med is a great place for families. your kids are taken care of from after breakfast until almost bedtime with a little break so you can ask them what they did that day.

Another good reason to go to Club Med is the food. If you are looking for more and better western food than you can think off this is the place. Fed up with all the Japanese and othe Asian dishes then here you can enjoy a 'regular' western meal 3 times a day.

Some people will love this place other will be completely fed up with all the 'parties' and the smiling GO's. I liked it a lot, the only thing they should do is move it to Hakuba.

• 2 weeks later...