Hi,

I am coming to Niseko in a week or so and wondering about ski choices. Basically, I have a pair of Scatch Back Country which are definitely coming, the question really is it worth bringing my Atomic Metron 10s. These are great on piste for carving and in light powder but clearly the Scratches are a lot better off piste. I am happy skiing in powder all day and every day, but is there a chance of there not being any decent powder and thus piste skiing?

Should I bring the Atomics or not bother?

Its always nice to have more in your quiver when youre here. Is weight an issue? If not, just bring em. Or, you could always rent for the few days that you dont ride your Scratch's. But the waist is what, 90? Just ride em on the groomers mate. There probably wont be that many days where you will be doing anything else than eating some of that epic powder up there cool.gif

If you're happy skiing pow every day, bring the wider pair. If you need to ski on-p, and don't like the fats, simply go into Kutchan and buy a pair of thins - they're cheap as chips.

Aussies usually do the reverse - bring their thins and go buy fats, but leave the fats behind when they leave J-Land. The exchange rate for a Pom is much better too!

Either way, have loads of fun and I hope you get blue sky days and fat dumps at night. \:\)