Quote:
Originally posted by schinken:
Happy to hear that. Promise me you that you will take it to Nozawa many times this season.
Hahaha
Maybe only get her back there once or twice
But she is getting lots of time in the snow and in the mountains

Do you guys carry digital cameras with you on the mountain? I used to do it with disposable cams but I haven't done it recently. I want to take my new dslr but the trouble is you can't really ride all out with 10man plus of equipment on your back \:\(

I'll be heading to Hodaigi, Gunma on the 24th with a bunch of friends. I'll get some pics when I roll. Sucks though, cause everyone (cept me) can't snowboard. So I'll probably spend like a couple hours teaching. From then on, they are on their own.

And I take my digital camera on the mountain with me. I also carry other things, like water, food, etc. After boarding a while, I'll take off my coat and put that in my bag. Nothing like having ppl look at you funny, cause you're boarding in nothing but snowboard pants, t-shirt, gloves, and a backpack.

At least in S.Korea it was that way. Koreans don't sport the backpack when they board/ski.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Do you guys carry digital cameras with you on the mountain? I used to do it with disposable cams but I haven't done it recently. I want to take my new dslr but the trouble is you can't really ride all out with 10man plus of equipment on your back \:\(
Yeah, I used to carry disp cams too kuma. I know what you mean about the DSLR. I have exactly the same problem. Get some great pics and have a crap boarding session, or leave the cam at home and enjoy the boarding. This year I'm gonna use the cam in my keitai and see how that goes. They are finally at a decent quality.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
I don't rock backpacks unless I'm filming. I carry 4 onigiri in my pockets and an energy pack. When I get hot I open the vents in my jacket.
btw Houdaigi's pretty boring dude.
Ya, I've been looking at the pics, but it was the earliest trip our Outdoor Rec has setup. $26 (US dollars) for a ride there and back, then pay for whatever else I need at the mountain.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Krotch, somehow i dont think you will be able to ride in a t-shirt at this time of year.
Well, I'm sure there will be times where I simply get hot and take off my coat. It happens, no matter where I'm at.

I've boarded in Idaho, Colorado, and S.Korea. Add Japan onto the list and I hope to hit the Alps sometime.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Yeah, I used to carry disp cams too kuma. I know what you mean about the DSLR. I have exactly the same problem. Get some great pics and have a crap boarding session, or leave the cam at home and enjoy the boarding. This year I'm gonna use the cam in my keitai and see how that goes. They are finally at a decent quality.
I sport my Canon Powershot S50. I want to get a digital Elph sometime. My cam isn't anywhere near the size of a DSLR.

Montoya, yes lots of animal tracks at Kagura. Seeing the little guy dashing across the snow in its impeccable white coat was quite nice, it was really close to the slope as well, about 5 mins into the hike. This is the second time I see an animal while boarding, last one I saw was also a snow bunny at Hakuba 47 last year.

It was nice to enjoy some sun on saturday. Just looking at your picture makes me feel cold. From the Yuzawa Now report, it looks like there were a lot of problems driving around Yuzawa as well, with many accidents and the Kan-Etsu being closed down. I was happy to be home and relax today.

Yes, I saw the pic but did not see the crack up close and personal myself. Nakaone just feels like a booby trap right now. On saturday there was a nasty crust in some places as well.

Will not be back at Kagura for a while but curious to see how the conditions will evolve.

Ya...went up to Houdaigi. I took one picture and it wasn't even one of the mountain. The snow never let up, so I couldn't get a nice picture of the mountain.

All I have to say is,"2 feet of powder in the beginners area and like 4 feet of powder in the expert area."

It was beautiful. The expert area sucked a bit, as it was rough to board through. As the other boarders when through when it was nice, but I was in the beginners area trying to refamiliarize myself with boarding. When I went up to the expert area, the powder was like piles. You'd get 1 foot of powder in one spot, then next spot would have like 6 ft of powder, then next to that, 1/2 foot of powder. It was like trying to board moguls.

Tried to board along the side, where the mountain was never groomed, but it was around 5 ft of powder. Ya...I had to take off my board, climb out, then dig my board out.

Houdaigi is a lot of fun for freeriding, but no real park.

Well...I have a trip planned on the 15 & 16, but I don't know where yet. I already paid for the lift tickets, bus ride, and lodging. Hope it's not Houdaigi. Fun and all, but I want a park. Oh well, if it is...whatever. I mean...12,000 yen for 2 days isn't bad.