I will be going in Nozawa onsen once more in the beginning of February. Up to now I was only having the Ryokan-Hotel dinner, which was very good I mast say. This time I am thinking of trying some local places for dinner.

It doesn’t have to be western stile food, it would be better actually if it is traditional Japanese. Any traditional soba-ya for example would be nice. Any suggestions?

If you are loooking for traditional soba, try "Yoshimi" which is close to the public bath "asagama". "Kaze no ie", accross from "Oyu" offers not only great Italian food, but has a wide selection of wines, too. The wait can be a little long sometimes.

Yes, they are called nozawa-na. I always buy when I go there, it is sooo delicious. The problem is that up to now I haven’t spotted a nice place to go out and have dinner, just souvenir shops or places that shell nozawa-na or things you usually buy to eat back home.

The lighter, crispy asazuke is nice but the hardcore last for weeks one is very salty/sour.

You can buy nozawana pretty much anywhere. A lot of the stuff on sale in Nozawa wasn't grown there.